Friday, June 6, 2008

Faith Inspired

So, to quote Five Iron Frenzy, "The End is Near"

I recently committed career suicide at Starbucks and as a result lose the security of the 40 hour salary job for the 20 if your lucky part time gig once again. The crazy thing is I couldn't be more happy. It's like even though it's going to take a miracle to get all the bills paid, we are exactly where we need to be.

The whole ordeal has been spurred by a reoccurance of the most time tested truth. The LORD is God. As such, He desires that we live completely committed to Him, even when the reasons are not clear. I've had a sense for some time now, a sense I try to ignore honestly, that I was trying to do it all on my own. I sought Starbucks out, I was earning the $$$. Somewhere along the line, I stopped relying on the Creator and relied on my strength as creation.

It was only after a faith smackdown that the LORD made this very clear. I couldn't ignore it any longer. My life is not mine to live as I please. So here I sit, 2 weeks away from losing almost half, if not more, of my current income and I couldn't be happier.

For this is me, living by the Hand of God and His provision. I don't know exactly what the next season holds. There are opportunities around the corner, but I'll let God decide what they are. For now, I'll work diligently on what He has already shown me.

So this is a Faith inspired by the Faithful One.
Enjoyed by all who come to the Son
A life soaring, as the eagle flies
Lived by the Spirit, never dies

In this moment I chose to follow Christ with nothing to my name.
In this moment I chose a better end then my own.
In this moment I chose not to chose, but to follow
In this moment I chose, I chose You

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home