Wednesday, June 18, 2008

10:52pm

That is the current time. It's in that moment as my fingers begin to type that God reminds me of what's at hand.

And to quote Five Iron once again, "The End is Here"

It's been 4.5 days now of unemployment, I think my soul is in a little shock over it all. Don't get me wrong, I am rejoicing that the days of the bux are done, and that my life can focus around God, my wife and ministry. I am pumped for this next season.

I have a canidating weekend set up for the second full weekend in July. We're excited to get up to MN and see what God has in store. But nervous too. Hesitant to say the least. It's a youth pastor spot, and nothing against youth ministry, but I haven't thought this was the path for me in almost 10 years. It's a little odd in my head that God set me up for one thing and then brought me back to another.

Yet we serve a God who has the end game in mind. He knows where this road will end and it is very possible that the destination I desire will be there at the end.

I've had so many creative ideas about bringing new churches to birth since the bux gave me the boot, so much so that I'm beginning to wonder if I need to step out that way instead. I mean how cool would it be to see a church assembled weekly in the Amber Room at Mickey Finns. What a great spot for the LORD's people to reach out to this world with His revolution of love.

But is that just the dreamer in me, the Kermit the Frog Rainbow Connection, or is there something to that.

Alongside that, I sense a tug to write more again, not just blogs, but a book. How cool, exciting, scary is that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

So here I sit at 11:02pm, waiting, wishing, hoping, praying

Lord, I know you will, but provide for us, both physically and directionally.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Happy said...

lol... wow. ya take one little road trip and everything changes while you're gone... :) looking forward to hearing more of THIS story from you! praying, in the meantime, that You'll see clearly the next steps. way to leap, my friend! :)

peace,
Happy

June 20, 2008 at 1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home